Tuesday, February 9, 2016

SICK

This is Elder Evanson, my favorite Canadian. What a stud! I was
there when he was born into the Vegas Zone and now he's a big,
bad zone leader. *Sniff. They grow up so fast.

February 8, 2016

There’s my week for ya. Sick. I got hit with something hard on Wednesday after we had MLC and I spent Thursday and Friday in bed with a horrible cold. I was able to get out on Saturday but my voice was super scratchy and it made it hard to talk to people. I spent the evening back in the Tule Springs Zone because a lady Elder Anderson and I had taught finally entered the waters of baptism. Her name is “J” :) (Shouts out to my Aunt! My birthday gift for you was to help another J get baptized;)

The story with J is super cool. She and her husband have completely turned their life around. They used to go to this kind of mega church here in Vegas. Her husband was actually a less-active member of the church. The husband’s dad passed away and they traveled back to Wyoming for the funeral. J was just so impressed at how the ward completely supported the family in their time of need. Upon returning to Vegas and attending services at this mega church, they realized that there really was no family unity there. If one of them were to pass away, no one would even know. Despite how big and popular it was, it would provide no support when they really needed it. So the husband said, "Well, let's find the nearest Mormon church and go there for a week or two and see if there's a difference." That nearest Mormon church just so happened to be the Silverstone Ward when Elder Anderson and I were serving there together! They instantly fell in love with the ward. She couldn't believe how many people came up to her and said, “We haven’t seen you before, are you new? Are you visiting? What's your name how can we get to know you better?" She never missed a Sunday after that. Then we started teaching the lessons and Saturday she got baptized :)

So that's probably the highlight from the week amidst all the illness. Sunday I woke up feeling the worst and couldn't even make it to church. Soon, the ward is going to have to start making a rescue plan to bring back their less-active full time missionaries. ;) I’m getting cabin fever from being in this apartment so much, but I literally don't have the energy or health to go outside. When the Monty Python guy comes around the corner with his wheelbarrow yelling, "Bring out your dead!" I may just be getting tossed on the pile. Oh my Lanta. I hate being sick.

I'm currently laying on our couch typing this out as I'm pretty drugged out on NyQuil Severe and other medicines. No me gusta.

So yeah, there's the week. Sickness and a baptism. Hopefully next week's report is more lively.

-Elder Alley

P.S. I thought it was funny that both you and Dad started your emails by essentially saying, “Not much happened this week, sorry to bore you." And I'm here like, "Son, I've been practically in a coma for the past 3 days, I think you guys are doing plenty." Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment