Monday, April 11, 2016

I'M TRAINING!!!

Mission Leadership Council
Red Rock Zone
Taking notes during zone conference
Elder Ernst and I doing some training

Singing to say thank you to the those who prepared our lunch
Red Rock Zone won the “Cleanest Cars" Trophy at Zone Conference and we had
the most convert baptisms in the month of March. Love my zone!
This guy is the one and only Bro. M! I LOVE this man. Elder Anderson and I worked with him. He is genuinely one of the most kind hearted and charitable human beings I have ever met. He would always cook us breakfast on Monday mornings and then we would have a lesson right after. He finally entered the waters of baptism and it was one of the best moments for me I've had yet on my mission! This work is the greatest thing, I love it so much!
Playing with puppies!

April 11, 2016

I'M TRAINING!!! ……………………….kind of. I will be training a new Zone Leader here in the best zone ever! Haha it looks like I will be finishing my mission in Red Rock and I am super excited to do that! Elder Ernst will be heading up north to the Springs Zone (where I just came from) and I will be getting a missionary named Elder Nicholas. I've never met the kid before, but from what other people have told me he is a super hard working missionary who is passionate about the work. He has been out for around 9 months I believe and President just called him to be a ZL so I will be in charge of training him up on all the zone leadery things we do.

I am excited though, because all I want to do is SPRINT through that finish line coming up in July. At MLC (Mission Leadership Council) the entire focus was on having the Vision to Baptize. We discussed the doctrine of baptism and how it is NECESSARY to our salvation (see John 3:5, 3 Nephi 11:34). And we also talked about how INCREDIBLE the Gift of the Holy Ghost is and what it can do for a person’s life. As I was thinking about people I’ve worked with and what their concern s are, I realized that the promised blessings associated with confirmation and the Gift of the Holy Ghost are always the best solution! He brings us daily, constant comfort, revelation, guidance, protection and so much more. Everyone needs these saving ordinances!

That being said, we are calling this next transfer "The Sprint 6” (referring to six weeks). President Ahlander only has two transfers left and we want to send him and Sister Ahlander out on a high note so we are giving it our all this next transfer to find, teach, and baptize. We are going to be fasting a lot, another sacrifice Saturday is on the way, and all distractions are being thrown out the window. From the moment I wake up, until I hit the pillow at 10:30, the only thing on my mind will be getting people the blessings of baptism and the gift of the Holy Ghost into their lives. Which, is kind of sad because I really wish I had had this kind of energy and excitement for the entirety of my mission, but oh well. I can't change the past, but I can give it my all these last 3 months!

Elder Ernst and I's training went well. I have a video of it, but it’s too big to send via iPad, so I’ll just show it to ya when I get home I guess.

Random moment, we tracted into a guy named Charles this week who played football for Lavell Edwards at BYU! Not a member tho, and not interested in hearing the discussions☹️.

We also found out at MLC that an Apostle of the Lord will be coming to Las Vegas on the 29th! He will be addressing both of the missions here in Las Vegas and we find out next week who specifically will be coming!

Last but not least I want to testify that the Lord hears and answers prayers. I have seen a pattern on my mission as I reflect, where the Lord makes me work for a couple transfers, and then all of a sudden a bunch of miracles take place. Elder Ernst and I worked super hard our two transfers together, but we didn't see much success. I had been praying hard and telling God that all I want is to find, teach, and baptize as many people as possible before I go home. And this last week we were able to set two people with dates! One is girl named Hannah who is 9 but hasn't been baptized yet, and the other is a YSA age girl named Morgan who accepted a date for May 28th! I am excited for them and hope to be able to find and teach many more in these last two transfers before I go home. Gotta sprint all the way!

#CantStopWontStop

-Elder Alley

No comments:

Post a Comment