![]() |
| Cool cloud |
This past week was jam packed with good stuff. On Tuesday I had my last training ever to a group of missionaries. For Zone Training meeting Elder Nicholas and I decided to focus on Ch. 6 of Preach My Gospel: "Christlike Attributes." We focused on how who we are as people is more important than just what we do. You can say nice things to people, without actually being a nice person. So we challenged everyone in the zone to pick an attribute from that chapter and come up with a plan on how they are going to develop it.
Then on Wednesday we had Zone Conference. It was a lot of The Ahlander's giving us their last advice before they head out. I also gave my departing testimony. I thought I would be more emotional about it than I was. I just bore testimony about the reality of Jesus Christ and how I'm grateful that I got to meet him in Las Vegas.
Friday we had the Departing Temple Trip for all the missionaries headed home. I had a really cool experience where I was praying in the temple and I simply asked if Heavenly Father was pleased with my mission. I got a peaceful, warm feeling in my chest that I knew was a confirmation that He is happy with the mission I have served, but I also got the distinct feeling that I need to make sure to finish strong, as well! I'm certain I will pray on that plane ride home as well to ask again, for the final confirmation.
Which kind of leads me to what has been on my mind this week. That plane ride home will be an interesting experience. For those back home, these past two years have been "When Max was on his mission.” But, for those in Las Vegas, these past two years have been, “When Elder Alley was here." When I am flying home, those in Spokane will think, "Max is coming back!” While those in Las Vegas will think, "Elder Alley just left." When I make that walk from the gate, and then I see my family again, it will be like the philosophical turning of the page in the book in my life. The official closing of my mission chapter, the goodbye of Elder Alley and the welcome back to Max. It’s just interesting to think about.
That walk from the gate in Spokane, to rounding the corner and seeing my family again, will be a long, emotional one. You leave behind everything you know to come on a mission. Everyone you love, everything you loved to do. And then you spend he next two years making a new life. You meet new people, you develop new habits, you become a new person. And then, once again, you're asked to leave it all behind.
Which is hard. Mostly because of the people you've come to know and love. If I've done a mission right, then who I've become and the habits I've developed should stay the same.
But, those are my thoughts for this week. Upcoming this week I have my departing interview with President Ahlander tomorrow. Thursday night is the departing dinner, and everyone who is going home this week or at the end of the transfer will spend the night at the Mission Home. Then, some will get on planes, and the rest of us will head back to work for two more weeks!
Also, we have K's baptism on Saturday! #Stoked!
Love y'all, talk to ya next Monday!
-Elder Alley



No comments:
Post a Comment