Grandma Alley
The Fam
This is just so "Max"
Ready to leave
Last Hugs Montage (Sniff, sniff)
I think he got a few hours of sleep the night before. His dad and I got about 45 minutes. We sent him to bed and we finished up the packing frenzy for him because we knew we could come home after dropping him off and sleep. It was sweet because we found him later curled up in bed beside his little sister, Aubrey.
I did pretty good holding myself together. I lost it at his setting apart when he came over to hug me and I teared up a couple more times that night from seeing his interactions with his siblings. Max did pretty good holding it together, but I could see the waves of anxiety and sadness mixed with excitement come and go all night.
Our last hugs were tear filled. He did me in when he leaned in to give me a kiss on the cheek and squeezed me real tight as we were hugging. I could see him fighting to not cry as he walked up the ramp to the security line. I was so sad to see him go and I missed him the second he left my embrace, but it was tempered with a feeling of peace that he was where he needed to be. That’s the only thing that makes this bearable is that I know the Lord is mindful of him and that a mission will be pivotal in making him the man the Lord wants and needs him to be. I know he’s being watched over by angels, so I can sleep at night.
No comments:
Post a Comment