September 22, 2014
Crazy week this week! We got to do a lot of service for people this week and one of the projects was to help this lady clean her house. I have found a real love for doing service! I seriously don't feel better than when I am serving the people here! We also had an All Greenie Day this week. My district is three companionships of trainers and greenies and there was a training meeting this week that all the trainers had to go to so the whole day we had to figure out what to do for ourselves. It was tough, but we did some tracting and one guy invited us into his house. He spoke English, which was nice, and we taught him the first lesson and he said he would read the Book of Mormon and pray about it. Not bad for a bunch of newbies! I also contacted a lady in Spanish and was able to get across our message and give her a pamphlet and she seemed like she understood what I said so yippee!
Our ward has really started to be super friendly and nice with the missionaries. We are eating dinner with a family just about every night now and I've become good friends with some of the youth in the ward. On Saturday they had a soccer tournament in their gym. It was so weird waching because I felt like I was back in my home ward again, except instead of everyone being white and playing basketball, everyone was Mexican and playing soccer and we ate tacos afterwards haha.
So much happens every week here it is hard to fit it into an email. My Spanish is slowly improving and each day I'm here is another 24 hours of experience, another 24 hours away from the past, and another 24 hours into the future! The work is starting to pick up a little bit and Elder Maldonado and I have a whole family of three brothers and their wives that we are working with. We are praying very hard that they will feel the spirit of our message together and that we can make progress with all of them!
This work is hard, but I know its true! I love and miss you guys!
Con Amor,
Elder Alley
No comments:
Post a Comment