Hola!
So I am emailing today because there was a bit of a confusion yesterday. Someone told the ZL's yesterday that the library was closed due to Columbus Day so the ZL's told us to go today. It turns out that the library wasn't actually closed, but regardless we didn't get to email so I am getting the opportunity now.
So much happens every week and its hard to collect all my thoughts and write a letter home about it all, so I'm just going to write some things that I remember and I hope it makes sense haha
So Heavenly Father played a joke on me. I was having a rough couple days at the beginning of the week, and I was doing my language study one morning. One of the sentences it had me translate literally said "Tu estas in Las Vegas y estas estresado." I kid you not the example in the textbook was literally "You are in Las Vegas and you are stressed." I couldn't help but laugh at that. I can't believe that, what are the odds that that is what the authors thought of to use as an example? Plus, later that day we were on a street called "Mead" and walked by a store called "Brentwood." Heavenly Father truly does have a sense of humor.
What else, oh ya we have a new District Leader now and his name is Elder Rojas. He is from Honduras and a super cool dude.
My Spanish has improved a lot! I had some conversations with some families and investigators this past week that at the end I was just like, "Whoa, I can't believe I just said everything I did!" Every week is a little bit better than the one before it.
Que mas? Umm, We are teaching three brothers and their wives and I love all of them. Super cool family. We teach all the couples separately but we have had a couple times where we ate a meal with all of them and they're just really cool people. Also, at church this past Sunday they had a primary program and I swear it was just like watching the one back home in the Brentwood Ward except everything was in Spanish. The Ward I am in is awesome. The Flamingo Ward is so great and I will be sad the day I have to leave it. Lots of really nice families in the ward who feed us a lot. And I mean a lot, my pants are starting to get tighter. I’m scared I’m going to come home fat! Gotta start doing more running everyday to avoid that.
Anyways, things are slowly getting better (just like my Spanish). We have lots of investigators. Please pray for them to feel the desire to make covenants with the Lord through baptism and receiving the Holy Ghost and all that good stuff. I am 13 weeks in at this point. 13%. Every week is starting to go by a little bit faster. Anyways that's all I can remember for now. I will email again next week! Love you all!
Con Amor,
Elder Alley
No comments:
Post a Comment