November
10, 2014
Hey,
so once again I have found myself in a rush when it comes to my email time, so
unfortunately I haven't read anything yet. I am just trying to get this out to
you guys as quick as I can and then I will probably have to print off all of
the emails I got this week and read them later.
The good news: I
survived senior week! It was really hard at times but I got through it. I led
lessons, set up appointments and made several phone calls in Spanish. It
was a pretty cool experience!
Highlights from this
week were that we had Zone Conference on Thursday. We received training from President and Sis.
Ahlander and heard testimonies. I got to bear my testimony to everyone because
it was my first Zone Conference. All the new missionaries bore their
testimonies at the beginning of it. Then at the end of the conference we heard
all the testimonies of the missionaries who would be going home before the next
Zone Conference. It was really cool to hear theirs. Some had some really
powerful testimonies that touched me.
The ultimate highlight,
though, was that we got to finish the conference by watching "Meet the
Mormons"! It was a super, super good movie. I liked it a lot. I recommend
going and seeing it if you haven't! You don't even need to be a Mormon to enjoy
it.
The movie did make me
a little trunky*, though, with the last story about a mom sending her son off
on a mission. The whole scene with them in the airport saying goodbye made me
choke up. Ahhhhhh That was hard to watch, but it was cool to see the
movie.
Another highlight is
that I got to spend all day Sunday in Sandy Valley, NV (another super small town that is by
Goodsprings.) It has its own valley and lots of space and lots of trailer
houses. I was on exchanges with Elder Baldwin for the day so I got to go. We
went to their branch sacrament meeting. It was so cool being in such a small
branch. It was neat to have a different experience. Then we had lunch with the
Branch Mission Leader. He reminded me a lot of Bishop Starr. We got
to visit other people there and hear some interesting stories. Sandy Valley, NV
(look it up). It’s a great place! haha
Other than that I just
got to say that I am thankful I survived senior week! That is all to report
from this week. Thanks for your prayers that helped me survive Senior Week! Also,
shout outs to the wonderful people who sent me letters this last week. Unfortunately,
I find I have less and less time to write letters, so know that I have received
and read them and love you guys for thinking of me enough to write me! Shout
outs to Lucy, Taylor H., Megan S., Mom & Dad, Vaughn, Nick, Anika, Momma
Hilmes, Jessica, Megan P., and anyone else I may have forgot to mention that
has written me! Thank you all so much!
Con amor,
Elder Alley
No comments:
Post a Comment