![]() |
| Spring Mountain District (Spanish) Meeting |
November 3, 2014
Unfortunately, a little short on time so once again this will be an email of scattered thoughts (kind of like the book dad is going to write). Anyway, this week we did a TON of service. We helped with a total of 4 or 5 different moves (which are called mudanzas en Espanol for your information). We spent a lot of hours helping move people. It was sad, though, because we had to help one of the families in our ward pack up to move to the other side of Vegas and, therefore, the other mission. I have only been with these people for a couple of visits to their house and seeing them at church, but as I packed them up and helped them move, I felt so sad. I was genuinely choked up that they were moving. They are just such a nice couple and even though I never had super lengthy conversations with them, I can really say that I love them. There are a lot of families in this ward that I love and that are my saving grace here. So, yeah, we did a LOT of service this week.
For Halloween the ward had a Trunk or Treat that we got to go to, but on Halloween night the mission rule is that we are not allowed to proselyte after 6PM so we got to go back to the apartments and... watch movies!! I kid you not. I took pictures of our set up to watch movies but today was a hectic day. We went bowling with the Ramirez’s. (Btw, I bowled a total of 262 in 2 games which i am proud of.) We didn't take our car to the library and I don't have my camera and today has just been kinda crazy, so pics will come next week. A cool thing is that the mission approves movies for us to watch and so Halloween night we got to watch “The Best Two Years” and “Toy Story 3”. Not kidding! Never thought I was going to get to watch a Disney movie on my mission, but I did! I felt kind of bad, though. The whole time I was watching it I was thinking of Elder Sok, Elder Alley, and Sis. Alley. All my family and friends who are serving in harsh circumstances and truly giving their all to the Lord. I gotta be honest, at times, I feel like I am not going to be the missionary that I want to be. I am not in a hard place to live. I get fed well and I am in the US. My biggest problems are adjusting to the culture, etc.
I want to become a consecrated missionary. I do. I just need to get over my fears. I need more faith, I need more strength and confidence. I know at the end of this I will look back and be grateful. I just need to try and to be grateful right now. Hopefully, I can grow in those areas this week.
Know that I love you guys and I want to make you proud.
Con Amor,
Elder Alley
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment