Monday, December 15, 2014

AAAAAHHHHH!!!!!

Max's Zone was Team Superhero for the Mission Turkey Bowl
(One missionary wasn't interested in playing football, so he dressed up
as Professor X in a wheelchair and everything so he had an excuse
not to play. Lol)
Max said his team played well, but didn't make it to the championship.
There's always next year.
At a Nativity Activity

December 15, 2014

Well, I haven't even read any of the emails that I have gotten yet, because I have BIG news and wanted to get it out. I got a call from President Ahlander on Saturday morning...I have been called to be a District Leader. Freak. haha Well, after getting to enjoy a solid 3 transfers of being Junior Comp it seems that my time as a Greenie is over. I am now not only the Senior Companion but a District Leader. Gosh, the stress has been real. I feel a little overwhelmed, and excited, and nervous, and unprepared, and grateful, and lots of all sorts of emotions, but, in the end I know that it is all just missionary work. A DL or a ZL is no more important than any other missionary. The only difference now, is that instead of solely worrying about my investigators I now have a little group of missionaries that I am going to be in charge of as well. It is going to be quite the experience.

Along with this Leadership call, it turns out I will be leaving my area, too. It is a sad thing to think about actually. All I have ever known in Vegas has been my area and the Flamingo Ward. I really, really like my district right now, and have gotten to become close friends with Elder Sefcik, but, the way the Lord needs things done right now means that I will be switching over to a different ward, and zone, and area. 

My new ward will be the Bonanza Ward. My area is Bonanza West, my new companion will be Elder Smiley! If you remember, Elder Smiley lived with me for my first two transfers here. He only has one more transfer of experience than me. The new area I am going in has a lot more Hispanics living there, which means there is a lot of work for a couple of Spanish Missionaries, which means it's going to be quite the adventure sending two gringo's in there to do the work. This means that I will also be switching apartments, so until I know my new address just send everything to the mission office. 

Here is what I do know, though. My new Zone Leaders will be Elder Martinez and Elder Osorio. Both are Spanish Missionaries and will actually serve in the same ward as me. I already know them and am pretty good friends with them, plus Martinez was my first DL! The other missionaries in my District will be Elder Walker and Elder Alrdich (who I will be living with in the same apartment, and who are also another companionship of two VERY new white Spanish Missionaries. Basically, we are 4 gringos thrown into the most heavily hispanic populated part of our mission, and are in a tad over our heads and I am the Leader for this adventure. Should be fun lolz) and then in my District are also two Hermana Misioneras! Hermana Paramo y Hermana Enis. I have not been with Hermanas since I have been in the CCM so this should be interesting.

So, all in all, I feel my emotions are this: I am excited for what's to come, but I am sad for what I am leaving behind. There are soo many awesome families in the Flamingo Ward that I am going to miss. The Zunigas, the Villagomez's, the Ramierz's, and many others. My whole life in the mission field has been with this ward and these amazing people, but alas, it is my time to go. I feel better,though, because Elder Anderson will be replacing me. I was in the CCM with Elder Anderson (in fact we slept in the same bunk bed:) and I know he will love and work for the people of my area just as I did. It's crazy how much change you are forced to go through as a missionary. You get sent somewhere and build all these relationships and love all these people and then the next thing you know you are sent somewhere new and have to start all over again. 

This is going to be an adventure. I ask, in fact I almost plead, for your prayers of support. I have been given a LOT of new responsibility and a completely new environment to figure it all out in. I am going to need some extra help as I do my best to fulfill my new duties, and continue to strive to become the best missionary I can be. Anyway, that was a bit of a ramble, but a lot has happened and my mind is kind of scattered so this is the best I could come up with. Love you all! I will do my best in all I have been asked to do so that I can make you guys proud!

Con amor,
Elder Alley

P.S. I found out that with my new area, the library I get to use isn't nearly as nice. Here in Flamingo there really isn't a time limit and I am able to send a big letter home and respond to just about everyone who emails me. However, at the library in my new area we only get an hour and that is it. So I will probably have to send home shorter emails, and not get to respond to as many, but you can always send me letters! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment