![]() |
| One more hike pic. Me and Elder Walker, my almost birthday twin. |
![]() |
| Happy after teaching a lesson (This is prior to everyone dropping us.) :( |
![]() | ||
BOOM check out the dope Doctor Who tie I scored at the tie trades this last week.
|
February 9, 2015
Hey this is just going to be my big email home here, too. Just wanted to comment and say that you guys are all awesome and hilarious and pretty much just some of the best people I know. The big news from this week is that it was transfers. After much tension and waiting and wracking our brains trying to figure out what was going to happen, it turns out nothing would. My entire District is staying!
My apartment is going to be the same, which means Elder Walker will still be there :) and I will be spending another transfer with Elder Smiley. Hopefully things start to pick up. My area has really just turned sour after Mireya unfortunately. Ever since she got baptized, she has been the only one who will meet with us. Our other investigators have either been avoiding us or have dropped us completely. So, we are working to try and begin to teach more people and find new investigators.
On the bright side, though, Mireya is progressing wonderfully and we are even going with her soon to do some Family History Work soon so she can find names to bring to the temple for the Ward Temple Trip this month and she is SUPER excited to be able to go through the temple. She said that she had admired that building for years and had always thought it was the most beautiful thing, and even went once to be on the grounds because she said there was such a peace there. She had told us that she had always thought it would be so cool to one day actually go into that building, and now in a couple weeks here she will have here chance. :)
Other fun news from the week, I got to do the funnest service ever. We went with two English missionaries to go help a guy in their ward redo his front yard. He basically just asked us to destroy/remove anything and everything. So I took a sledge hammer and was just busting this guy's wall down and it was super fun. :)
The other highlight from the week is that one of my bucket list items is now checked off. We were in the USPS store to mail a package, and we were about to leave when all of a sudden one of the workers says, "Does anyone here speak Spanish and English? We need a translator." and I was like "I DO!!" and so I went and helped translate for this guy who was trying to mail some package. Basically, though, it had always been my dream to be in a situation where someone would need a bi-lingual person to help and I was the guy to do it:) It was funny, too, because when I said I spoke Spanish the worker (who was a sassy black woman) looks at me and says, "You? Really!?" and I was just like "Yupp!" and then because I helped her translate she gave me a discount on the package I mailed #missionaryblessing.
Well, that is all the big news from this week. In terms of transfers, it looks like it's going to be 6 more weeks with the same crew. Also, this will be my Birthday Transfer! and the crazy thing is Elder Walker's Birthday is March 5th! The day after mine! We are going to be partying for 48 hours straight as we turn 19 right after each other! Should be fun. Anyways love y'all and have an awesome week!
Con Amor Siempre,
Elder Alley






No comments:
Post a Comment