![]() |
| Elder Gee is from Kentucky. (As you can probably tell.) He lent me some UK swag. Go, Wildcats! |
![]() |
| At the Zion's Youth Symphony & Choir Concert |
![]() |
| Google Maps car. Seems like a pretty sweet job. |
April 27, 2015
So here's my report for the week.
'Twas a pretty good week I must say. We had exchanges with Elders Gee and McBride this week. We both went on exchanges with each of them and both times I was in their English area that covers the Evergreen Ward. It was pretty cool being in English, but I must say missionary work just feels more natural to me in Spanish. It was weird to just feel kind of out of place as I taught lessons and contacted in nothing but English. I've even hit the point now where ALL of my prayers are in Spanish. Now even just praying in English doesn't feel quite right. It's cool, though, because I wasn't sure I would hit this point since I knew I was going to be in the States for my mission where the culture is English. But, I can truly say that when it comes to "gospely things" or missionary work, I prefer Spanish!
On the day I was with Elder McBride we had a lot of fun because we got caught up in a pick up street ball game of basketball with a bunch of guys. I'm proud to say that I held my own with them. I hit like three 3's and had some decent crossovers on some guys (not bad for being in church shoes, I must say.) ;) The icing was that afterwards we got one kid's information who said that he thought his parents would be interested in listening to the missionaries. I love my job!
Another cool thing from that day is that Elder McBride took me to go visit a less active lady named...... Sister Alley!! No kidding, they actually have a Sister Alley in their ward. She can't come to church, though, because she gets super sick if she leaves her home for too long. So we stopped by and I introduced myself as her 3rd cousin and yeah, she's pretty cool. She asked for a blessing at the end of our visit because she said she has just been feeling eerie lately. As we gave her a priesthood blessing you could feel a peace in the air and afterwards she said she was so grateful for it and that she was feeling a lot better. At the end of it, she jumped over to me and said, "Thank you! I feel so much more inner peace now," and then she tried to hug me, but I blocked it smoothly. haha Then we left.
On my exchange with Elder Gee, we pretty much became even more of best friends. We have so much in common and I think we literally didn't stop talking about stuff the entire exchange. At the end of the day a guy asked us if we were twins (I don't think he was entirely there) but we just told him we were brothers. Which at this point, he pretty much is to me. That was a really fun day!
The last cool thing that happened was that the Zion's Youth Symphony Choir came and performed again at the Smith Center and we got to go. We brought Mireya and her godson, Allen, and an investigator and her mom. The spirit was so strong in there as we listened to the music of the choir and the orchestra and the soloists. The title of the concert was "Another Testament" and the music and narration was all about the Book of Mormon, which was awesome because that is what we have been focusing on as a mission this month!
So it was a really fun week! We're heading into the last week of the transfer right now, so next P-Day I'll be emailing about whatever changes happen. Hopefully none because I really want to go another one with Elder Martinez. Then in 2 weeks we will be emailing and then a week or two after that we will officially become an iPad mission and I'll probably start emailing home on one of those bad boys.
Con Amor,
Elder Alley



No comments:
Post a Comment