Monday, May 4, 2015

Another Transfer Down



Holding up the art that was being raffled off to raise money 
for the Best Buddies Nevada organization.
May 4, 2015

So this last week was the week of transfers and a lot of changes are happening throughout the mission, but not for Elder Martinez and I because we will be staying together for another one! This will be Elder Martinez's 5th and final transfer in this area and his 9th in the Bonanza Ward all together. If this pattern continues and I go 5 transfers in this area as well, then I could potentially go 7 transfers or almost a year straight in the same ward. That's a long time to stay in an area haha but I guess whatever the Lord needs, right?

This past week was pretty low key. Everyone in Vegas was absolutely HYPED for the big fight between Mayweather & Pacquiao. It was all anyone was talking about this week and the entire city was busy in preparation for the swarm of people that would be coming in to watch it. The roads were noticeably more packed and you could almost feel the increase of energy in the city. Of course, being a good missionary I didn't watch the fight, but we did see some of the pre fight stuff because we had dinner with a guy who had bought the pay per view which cost $100, so there was no way he was turning off the TV just for some missionaries lol. But yeah, it was just kind of cool because it was all going down in Vegas and like, that's where I'm at right now :)

Another cool thing this week was that we got to go do some service for an organization called Best Buddies. If you haven't heard of them, go check 'em out because they are doing some good things in the world. Also, if you go to the Best Buddies Nevada Facebook Page and scroll down just a little bit you might see a picture of some good looking missionaries ;)

Other than that, there's not too much to report. Elder Martinez and I have been struggling with the lack of progress in our area, so we fasted specifically yesterday to have more success this next transfer and committed to working even harder. Hopefully, we can start to see some of the fruits of our labor here soon! Life is good, and the mission still continues to be the greatest thing I've ever done in/for my life! I would type more, but I will be skyping home on Sunday so I'll just talk to ya then ;) Love ya!

Con Amor,

Elder Alley

For info on the Best Buddies organization: http://www.bestbuddies.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment