![]() |
| My companion, Elder Martinez. I love this crazy kid. |
![]() |
| Just some intense missionary discussion. |
So this last week I went on exchanges with Elder White (the Australian rugby player) again. It was cool to see how much he's progressed as a missionary since the last time we went on exchanges about 7 or so weeks ago when he had only been a missionary for like 4 weeks haha. The title of the email comes from this exchange.
So I was in Elder White's area for the day which is an English area covering the Westcliff Ward. The whole day was fun. We did service, knocked some doors, talked to some people in the street, taught a couple lessons. Overall, it was just the perfect day's worth of missionary work. The best part, though, was that a family in the ward was taking us out to dinner that evening and they were inviting a family member who has been less active for a while and his son who isn't a member of the church so that we could meet them and become acquainted.
The crazy thing is, obviously the family didn't know that one Elder Alley would be coming to dinner because I don't serve in that ward. As luck turned out, though, we had planned exchanges for that day so I went.
Get this. The dad in the active family, served his mission where? Spokane, Washington. So we talked about that. Then we get to the dinner and the brother and his 20 year old son are from where? Coeur d'Alene, ID. So we hit it off and we talked about the lake and he knew Spokane pretty well and he knew about Mead High School. He even told me he had played some football games in the world famous Joe Albi Stadium. ;) So we just really hit it off and at the end he said he would be willing to check out the church and listen to the missionaries. Now I'm not saying that I was the only one that could have connected with him, but what are the odds that lowly little Elder Alley from humble Spokane, WA would "just happen" to be called to this mission and "just happen" to be in a position that put him on exchanges in an area on the very day that this family and their relatives that have connections to his hometown would be there? God is good, and He knows what he's doing!
-Elder Alley


No comments:
Post a Comment