Thursday, December 24, 2015

My Joy is Full

Temple trip
A sister in Elder Alley's area texted this pic.
(I LOVE the members in Vegas---Elder Alley's mom)

December 21, 2015

Blessed. That's really the main thing that was on my mind this past week.

I am just. So. blessed.

So many missionaries don't get to see the fruits of their labors while they are in the field and that is just as honorable and worthy of missionary service as anything else. However, I got the opportunity this past week to get to see some of the fruits of my labors while still here wearing the name tag. 7 people I have worked with on my mission got baptized this past weekend. I was able to be at every
baptism and spoke at all, but one. haha. I have not ridden a spiritual high like that in some time. I have found myself not asking for anything really in any of my prayers the last several days. I just spend the whole time thanking Heavenly Father and trying to show gratitude for how blessed I have been.

And not just this last week, but it really did hit me this past weekend just how blessed I've been through I my whole life. The family I've been given, the friends I've made, the experiences I've had. Being born with this knowledge, having the chance to spend 2 years sharing it. I don't know.

I stand all amazed!

It was a good week. I can go into more detail when we Skype:)

Be sure to ask me about one moment specifically. I would type it, but I just don't think I'd do it justice. Ask me when we're Skyping about what happened with Elder Walker and I in the font at the Águilas baptism.

Also, we got got to go with Chris to walk around the temple grounds yesterday. It was so peaceful and spiritual on the grounds, and it was super cool seeing the temple at night. It truly was a great week! I can't wait to tell you more when we Skype! Love ya!


-Elder Alley

No comments:

Post a Comment