Wednesday, December 16, 2015

The Week Every Missionary Dreams Of

My good buddy Caleb. He's a stud guy who came out with us a lot. He is leaving for his mission to Milan, Italy this Wednesday. I know he's going to do great things over there!

December 14, 2015

I will say that I am very excited for Christmas week next week, with Skyping home and the Christmas spirit reaching its peak and all that, but I think that I've never been more excited as a missionary for any week, than for this one coming up right now.

That's because we will be having FOUR baptisms this week!!! Thursday at 6:00 PM our good bud Kyle (the one who asked us how quick we could teach him the lessons last week) will have his baptism. Then Saturday morning at 12:30 a mom and her son that we've been teaching will be getting baptized, and then later Saturday at 5:00 Chris (YSA Ward) will be getting baptized! I am so stoked for this week. It's going to be a lot of coordination and running around trying to get programs made and printed and invitations extended and details finished, but that is the kind of stuff every missionary lives for :) I truly am so blessed to be where am I, doing what I am doing, and seeing some of the fruits of my labors so instantly.

I dare say this week will be the best Christmas gift I could ask for.

This last week was a lot of fun. We set a record for this area. We had the most Member Present Lessons and most total lessons that have been taught in this area in a single week in a looooooooong time. And on top of that we did exchanges with other missionaries and one of our new AP's Elder Johnson came with us on exchanges for a day. We've been running around all week and I'm pretty tired. However, we don't get much of a rest today because in order to get some of the people we are working with fully prepared for baptism, we are having lessons with them today in a little bit. It's a small price to pay for helping people to the waters, and I'm glad to pay it!

So life is good, baptisms will be happening, the members house who we live with is all decorated in Christmas gear and that makes me happy to come home to at night :) I can't ask for much more than this! It is going to be a wonderful week, and then the next one is Christmas Week!

I love you all and hope you have una semana fantástica!

-Elder Alley

No comments:

Post a Comment