![]() |
| This is what you look like after biking 45 minutes in the rain (Max & Elder Sefcik) |
![]() | ||
|
| Re-creating a picture that his Uncle Marc has from his mission (Fire and brimstone from the pulpit. lol) |
![]() |
| Participants in the MLK Day Bowl |
January 20, 2015
So basically let me just say that we did Martin Luther King Day right down here in Vegas. Long story short, spent the beginning of the day playing football with some guys at the local fields. They asked me to join their semi-pro arena team after I caught 3 TD passes (the last of which was a jumping snag over two of their players, no big deal or anything). They had like a contract ready for me to sign and everything. As tempting as it was, I told them I was here as a missionary and therefore was dedicating my time to the Lord for a little bit, and one guy was all "Wait, you're one of them Mormons!? Ahh, I love them. You're out here doin' some good things, Homie. Keep it up my brother."
Then after P-Day we went to the H's house and played some ping pong and guitar and hung out and then we went to a member's house and I brought oreo milkshakes for everyone so that we could partake in the Alley Family MLK Day tradition. It was perhaps the best Martin Luther King day yet.
In other awesome news, I have come to really get to know a stud missionary named Elder Walker. He lives in the same apartment as me, but is one transfer younger. He is a stud. Even with the fact that he has less time than me in the mission, I am like, "I want to be just like that guy!" What is the coolest thing, though, is that I learned we didn't even live too far from each other growing up. He is from Ellensburg, WA. We both played the same sports in high school and (craziest part) we were both the ASB Presidents of our high schools our senior year! I really get along with him and I am bummed because there is a good chance he will be leaving and I will be staying next transfer, so it might be a little while before I get to serve around him again. I hope he stays one more, but we never know.
In other good news, M is getting baptized on Saturday at 3:00! She is super excited and I am, too! She asked me if I would be the one to do it and I am very honored and I can't believe how lucky I am to have been able to teach her this whole time. I truly am always going to remember M and I hope to be in her life even after I am done with my mission.
In just other news, it is quite a challenge being a DL. So many people with different needs. It is almost impossible to sleep some nights because I am thinking about what to do to help all these people I have been put in charge of, both investigators and missionaries. I am definitely learning and growing from all this, but gosh, this is so hard and exhausting.
Anyways, the roller coaster continues! Highs and lows and highs and lows and it will be nice to get off this ride in what is now right around 17 months, but for now I guess I just gotta do what I can to enjoy the ride!
Con Amor,
Elder Alley


















No comments:
Post a Comment