 |
| This is the way we clean the font, clean the font, clean the font... |
 |
| This is the way we clean the font for Mireya's baptism! |
 |
| Elder Alley thought this was some kind of Mormon Ad or meme just waiting to be born |
 |
| Elder Alley's first baptism! |
 |
| With Elder Smiley, Elder Fowlkes, Mireya, Sister & Pres. Ahlander |
 |
| Such a great day! |
 |
| Celebrating Elder Osorio's b-day |
 |
This is where Elder Alley went for a P-day hike with a bunch of missionaries
and a group from the ward |
 |
| Hiking selfie |
 |
Yes, there is water to be found in the desert
 |
 |
| Las Vegas, Baby! |
 |
| Elder Walker and Elder Alley made it to the top |
 |
| Part of the hiking group |
 |
| A great view from the top |
 |
| Now they just had to get back to their cars which are waaaay off in distance |
January 26, 2015
So the absolute highlight of this week was Mireya's baptism! Everything went picture perfect and she was just about the happiest person on the face of the earth I think. She was smiling so big! Then on Sunday we confirmed her an official member of the church. She is so awesome. I am absolutely going to try and stay in contact with her for the rest of my life:) Lots of people from the ward were very excited for her, too, and were congratulating her on her baptism. I was just about the happiest I have ever been as I saw how happy she was on Saturday and Sunday.
And now that our journey toward's baptism with the most golden investigator to ever be is over, it is time to get back to work and help others to take the same step. With Mireya it was literally just teaching her and watching her learn from the Spirit the truth of everything, but it's not always that easy. I was talking with a returned missionary in our ward the other day, and he made the comment "The Gospel of Jesus Christ will solve ANY problem if you let it. You just have to be willing to do your part." So, I think my task is now is to try and figure out just exactly how the gospel can help our investigators with the trials in their lives, because we know a lot of people who are needing and searching for help.
The mission life goes on. It definitely feels like I have been doing this for a while now, and it's weird just because I couldn't even see me back at home right now. I am starting to really just get set into the missionary lifestyle. When it actually comes my time to go home, who knows how I will feel.
I ask that you keep me and Elder Smiley in your prayers. We have a lot of work in front of us as we try and tackle stuff. It's a lot of work trying to be people's guides on their journey to come to accept this gospel, so we could really use your prayers. Missionary work can be stressful and tiring, but I know with the Lord's help I can do it! Love you all!
Last Thing: Seahawks gonna take it two years in a row, baby!
Es todo, gracias por su tiempo. :)
Con Amor,
Elder Alley
No comments:
Post a Comment