Thursday, January 1, 2015

Not Much to Report



Skyping with Elder Alley on Christmas Day
3 for 3 on successful skype calls with the Alley Family missionaries!
(Technology is awesome.)
December 29, 2014

Well since I am fresh off a Skype session with the family I can't say that I have too much to report. It was SOOO nice getting to Skype home and talk to the family. Everyone back home looks really good! Especially Aubrey! I can't believe how old that girl looks. I would like to give a shout out to everyone who sent gifts to a gringo Missionary down here in Vegas so he could feel a little more at home in this city of sin haha. All the gifts were wonderful! Well.... all except for the one that Luke, Guilian, Mason, and Brady sent me. I mean I guess it's the thought that counts... but yeah I don't think that gift will be used anytime soon here guys. hahaha It was nice getting letters from you all, though! 

I have to say that this Christmas was definitely a different experience. No cousin crowded house, none of the usual Alley Family Christmas Traditions, no snow or skiing. Not near as crazy. But ya know, I still had a really good Christmas. In the quieter atmosphere of our missionary apartment I was able to spend some time reading from the scriptures and Jesus the Christ and truly reflect on the role that the Savior has in my life. It was a cool experience, I feel my testimony of Jesus Christ growing more out here on the mission than at any other time in my life. I feel more love for others and a desire to just help people find a purpose to this life! It is a unique experience indeed. 

I know that when we sacrifice things to the Lord, He always blesses us in the future with even more of a compensation. So, as I spend this and next Christmas away from home and friends and family, I know that God will bless me in the future by keeping my siblings and my parents safe, and by blessing me with an awesome Christmas 2016!! hahaha 

Anyways, I am excited to head into 2015 as it will be the only year of my life where I spent 100% of it as a missionary! Bring on El Ano de la Mision!

Con Mucho Amor,

Elder Alley

No comments:

Post a Comment