![]() |
| At the lunch for the Spanish speaking missionaries conference. (Elder Alley said, "We are so special that we get our very own conference. haha") |
![]() |
| With Elder Walker and Pres. Ahlander |
![]() |
| With Elder Osorio |
![]() |
| All the Spanish speaking missionaries with Pres. & Sis. Ahlander |
![]() |
| Kitchen in new apartment (It's like an I Spy book looking at all the crazy random things in a missionary apartment. Can you spy the white tiger clutching a bottle of Sparkling Cider?) ;) |
![]() |
| Bedroom in new apartment (The deer blanket curtain is a nice touch.) |
![]() |
| Study Area in new apartment (I love seeing that he's using stuff we sent him: calendar, pics, quotes, collages, etc. Makes a mom feel good.) :) |
March 25, 2015
So this last week during Elder Sefcik and I's weekly planning session, we were making goals, talking about the vision we had for the area and the people and our companionship and all that because we just knew that we were going to be staying together for the next transfer because, I mean come on, we had only been together for 2 weeks. And then, just like this mission has done to me time and time again, I got thrown for a loop.
As we were planning, the phone starts ringing and it says "PRESIDENT AHLANDER" which we have in all caps on our phone because it's always something big if he calls you. I answered and he says, "Elder Alley, the Lord needs you to be a Zone Leader! Will you accept?" and I kind of mumble back a "Uhhhhhhhhh yeah." to which he responds, "Great, the AP's will call you with the details later. Love ya, bye!" and then hangs up.
I just kind of sat there with Sefcik in silence for a second. "Well, I guess all those goals we just set don't mean much anymore." hahaha So the next couple days just turned into trying to do all I could to help Sefcik feel prepared to take over the area and to be companions with my trainer Elder Maldonado!
So, as of right now, I am still in the same ward, and zone, but am now serving as one of the Zone Leaders with Elder Martinez who is an awesome guy and I am really grateful that I have him to show me the ropes!
I have already had some cool experiences as a Zone Leader. I have come to appreciate so much how incredible the Spirit is. It can give us the words and thoughts that we need in the EXACT moment that we need them. God is good, and he has provided us the means to make miracles happen time and time again.
I will probably call it good there. I love you all and hope you have another great week!
---Elder Alley









No comments:
Post a Comment