Monday, March 2, 2015

iPads, Exchanges, and Zone Conferences



Casa Dulce Casa
The giant, classic 90s Mormon Ad poster that is hanging up inside right by the front door of our apartment. I kiss my hand and then touch it for good luck right before we leave to do the work, just like the Notre Dame football team touches that one sign before they play. It's tradition.
(Elder Alley didn't send a caption with this one, so I don't know why he sent it
other than he probably wishes it was theirs to fool around on.)
At the birthday party we threw for Hermana Ennis' b-day last week.
It's fiesta toda el dia around here.
The beautiful birthday "cake"
Elder Albrecht and Elder Aldrich
The sister in this picture is Sister Resolme. She is friends with and was in the same ward
as Hermana Pulido from my CCM district and now we are in the same zone!


March 2, 2015

First off I just want to wish a big ol happy birthday to some one who was born in the first week of March and who has been such a big inspiration to me throughout my whole life. From day 1 you have been there and I have truly loved your guidance and wisdom. Happy Birthday to........myself! It's been a great 19 years of knowing ya and I hope we can spend lots more together :)

Also, Happy Birthday Mom, that's today right? Hope it's good 'n stuff...

So for the week the big thing was that we had Zone Conference. It's always fun to meet up with a bunch of other missionaries and talk and be edified by the Mission President and his wife! The theme was Chastity and Revelation. In a world where marriage and family and chaste living is becoming more and more rare, this is a topic that needs to be talked about and it must be understood that it is a commandment from God to raise a family in the right way!

Anyways, learned a lot from that but the big news announcement was that as of this May, we will be becoming an iPad mission! That's right, no more area books, or paper teaching records, and lots and lots of trees killed to support the Lord's work haha. In the middle of May all of us will be getting iPad's and we can actually choose to buy them ourselves if we want (which means i could just take it home with me when I'm done so that's cool!) I will let ya know more about that as more information comes.

Other than that we had some really good lessons this week, this one family we found has just about a million questions to ask us every time we come over, but lessons like that are the best ones! It keeps ya on your seat and you got to be on your A game, ready to give a response to anything, and if you don't have the answer, you just bear testimony of what you do know and tell them you will find out for them. I love lessons like that! 

Also, I was talking to a guy from the stake yesterday who came to the ward to help with something. When I told him I was from Spokane, he told me all about how BYU beat Gonzaga on their home court Saturday night and ended their nation best winning streak:) Not gonna lie, wish I could have watched that one, but glad to say that I will be attending the winning school next year :P

Anywhos, not much to report this week. Good lesson, got to go on exchanges with the Zone Leaders Elders Martinez and Osorio, and overall it was a fun week. Shaping up already to be a fun birthday week for this one, too! Can't believe I am going to be 19 on Wednesday. Where is the time going? Shout outs to everyone who sent me a package or letter for my birthday: MomMom, Mom and Dad, Grandma. Thanks, y'all the best:) Alrighty that's it for this week. Talk to ya again when I'm 19!

Con Amor,

Elder Alley

P.S. Just kidding, Mom. I really do wish you the best birthday ever and hope you know I love you :) You're the best! (Also, just count that Valentine's gift as my birthday one to you as well haha)

No comments:

Post a Comment