Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Dat Mish Life tho.

Spanish Speaking Missionary Conference
Elder Alley and his trainer, Elder Maldonado
Elder Alley and his new companion, Elder Sefcik
Have they grown a foot or two while on their missions or are those really tiny ties? ;)
Elder Alley and Elder Walker: almost birthday twins (only one day apart)

March 16,2015

Not toooo much to report this week. It was really great getting Elder Sefcik added to the crew! He is a really fun companion and I am having a solid time with him. We are always laughing about something! The work has crashed, though. All of the people we had been visiting with have been avoiding us like no other. So, it looks like Elder Sefcik and I will be putting in some extra time to go tracting and contacting and all that good stuff so we can find new investigators. This is technically the last week of the transfer coming up, but I am not expecting a change for Sefcik and I as we literally just got put together. 

This past week I have just been really grateful for all the people I have come to know on this mission, especially my fellow missionaries. I already know I have made some life-long friends out here. Elder Sefcik, Elder Walker, Elder Martinez, Elder Osorio and Elder Gee are all guys that I will be staying in contact with for a long time. Heck, I've already planned some trips with some of these guys post-mission! Elder Gee is friends with Bryce Harper (yes, the star baseball player) and we've already got plans to go watch him play and Bryce will score us some prime tickets. :P (Sometimes it pays to know the right people. hahaha)

On a more spiritual note, as I have looked at all these friends I have made on the mission, it is cool to know that we are all here for, more or less, the same reasons! We come from different states, families, backgrounds and upbringings, but we have all read the same book, that taught the same gospel, and helped us to come to know the same Savior, and now we are all out here trying to represent him. This church is amazing and true and we've got a youth crew here of all sorts of different characters preaching this glorious gospel. 

Well, that's all to report for this week! Les quiero muchisimo!

Con Amor,

Elder Alley

PS Read the Book of Mormon. Just do it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment