March 30, 2015
Well, this week was really hectic and crazy, but at the end of it there's not much to report. That's mostly because a lot of the hecticness resulted from having to take care of all these ZL responsibilities. Since it was the first week of the transfer we had to have a lot of zone meetings, and meet with president, and we put together a Musical Fireside that happened last night and that was super good! Fun part about that, was the SpanM's (Spanish missionaries) got to do translation for all the hispanics who came to watch (just the talking parts, singing while translating would be quite the task). And just sort of running a lot of errands and doing things like that. So that's were the title comes from, because this first week was a lot more of working with "Mission Mechanics" than "Missionary Work", ya feel me?
A good experience was that every 5th sunday of a month "la obra misional" (missionary work) is in charge of running the sacrament meeting and teaching the 3rd hour class. So I ended giving a talk yesterday on the "why" of missionary work. It was really cool, because it was all in Spanish! I couldn't really tell how well it went, because I wasn't sure how well the Spanish was coming off, but the people told me afterwards it was "muy lindo" (very beautiful) so I'll take it.
Not sure what else to report. I mean musical fireside, gave a talk, and running errands. That was kind of the week. This next week will be a better one for actually doing missionary work. In fact, Elder Martinez and I picked up some spare bikes from the office and we plan on biking around some days so we're not just sitting in our car all the time. Should be a lot more fun.
So that's it for this week!
Love you all!
Con Amor,
Elder Alley
No comments:
Post a Comment