Monday, May 23, 2016

🎵 It's the Final Transfer!! (duh duh doo dooo 🎶)

This is my mission brother, Elder Diaz! Elder Maldonado trained him right before he finished his mission, and since we have the same trainer (Dad) that makes us brothers! He is from Argentina.
We won the Cleanest Cars trophy in Red Rock. My 2nd time winning. ;)
May 23, 2016

Wow. I can't believe I am here. In the final transfer of my mission.

Where did all the time go?

I will tell you what though, I am so excited for this final transfer because I will be finishing it right here in Red Rock!!!! Elder Nicholas and I got the transfer call and nothing is changing with us. Same wards, same zone, same companionship, and I couldn't be happier:) It is so weird to think that the next time I get a transfer call, it'll be a training call......A CALL TO RIDE THE TRAIN HOME! (As Elder Nicholas says).

On top of that, the zone is getting stacked with awesome missionaries. They dropped two zone leaders to have them come here and finish their missions by training two new missionaries. One of the former zone leaders is Elder Anderson (my former companion from up in The Springs Zone!) I am so stoked to have him in the zone here. I don't even feel like I am the zone leader anymore because my zone is now filled with missionaries that I have been looking up to my whole mission. It is shaping up to be a wonderful end to my full-time service.

That being said, it just makes me more motivated than ever to leave everything I have on the field. This is it. There won't be another time in my life where I have one sole purpose, a singular focus. Where I get to knock doors, and study the scriptures for 3 hours every morning, and bear testimony and enjoy an additional portion of the Spirit in my life. So, I want to savor every last moment of these last 6 weeks and give it all I got! We have 2 people set to be baptized on June 18th, and we want to find even more before my time is up. I love this area, I love the members here, I love this work, and I wouldn’t want to go out any other way.

"Therefore, that I should waste and wear out my life in bringing to light (Christ, The Light) all the hidden things of darkness." That is my pledge, and that is my plan from right now until I get on that plane bound for Spokane. I will see y'all in 6 weeks, but in the meantime, I'll be in the streets of Sin City serving The Savior and Redeemer of the World!

Love y'all!

-Elder Alley

No comments:

Post a Comment