Monday, May 16, 2016

Time Is Flying

Red Rock Zone Conference
Zone hiking at Red Rock Canyon 
My mission :)
My temple :)

May 16, 2016

I can't believe it's the last week of the transfer now. Come next Monday, I will officially be in my last transfer of the mission. No time to get trunky, though, too many people to teach the Gospel to!

This last week was a lot of fun and filled with miracles. I went on exchanges with Elder Tukuafu, a  6'3 240 lbs Tongan! He is a really goofy kid and we had a fun day together. The heat is starting to pick up, though, and we found ourselves knocking doors at 2:00 in the afternoon in 98 degree weather! Elder Walker and I's record for last summer was 120 degrees so we will see if I can beat that before I come home.

One miracle we saw happened when Elder Nicholas and I were planning for a lesson we were going to teach a recent convert on Thursday. We randomly felt like we should bring up Patriarchal Blessings since we hadn't yet and she could go get one. We brought it up and introduced it as something that would give her extra guidance in her life and be a way for God to tell her what specific talents He has given her and how to use them. After saying that, the recent convert began to get teary-eyed and told us to wait for a sec while she grabbed something. She went and grabbed a piece of paper and said that she had been fasting that day for a couple reasons and she had written down on that paper what she was trying to ask God for. The first two things on the list: 1) More direction for her life, and 2) to know what talents she has and how she can use them. A simple thing, but a profound testimony that the Lord is the one guiding His work.

Another cool miracle this week was that our investigator with a baptismal date for the June 18th finally came to church this last Sunday! It was K, the girl we didn't know wasn’t baptized. haha. She came and the YW in the ward were so helpful and welcoming and it was awesome to see. Make sure to look out for new people in your home wards and be warm and friendly with them. It makes a big difference!

We did transfer planning with the AP's and I begged them to keep me here in Red Rock for my last transfer. I really, really, really don’t want any changes to happen to me for my last 6 weeks. I love where I’m at: the ward, my companion, the zone, everything. So here's hoping it can happen!

Hope you all have a wonderful week. I'll let you know the transfer news next Monday. It'll be the last time before my transfer call is to go home and find my own companion. haha

Love y'all!

-Elder Alley

No comments:

Post a Comment