Monday, May 9, 2016

We Just Skyped Yesterday Soooo…..

Mission Leadership Council
(back row. 2nd from right)
The view we were greeted with as the video feed popped up on Skype.
He's Elder Alley, but he's still Max. lol
Best part of Mother's Day? My missionary Skype calls!! :D
This was my last one...unless Aubrey serves a mission.
Feeling this after the call was over...
May 9, 2016

It was so good to talk to you guys! You are all looking good and it was a good reminder of just how awesome a family I have been blessed with :) I probably won't send a big email home this week since we just talked. But on a quick note I once again proved my clutch 4th quarter missionary status by finding a family to take to the *concert just 50 mins before it started. So I did end up getting to go to Zion's Youth :) #MuchInTheClutch

This upcoming week we are giving a Zone Training and we have a meeting with the AP's to plan for the upcoming transfers. The last time I will do so and have it affect me!

—-Elder Alley

*Note from Elder Alley's Mom: As we were Skyping, the investigators they were going to take to the Zion’s Youth Concert called and cancelled. If he and his companion didn’t have investigators to take, they weren’t going to have permission to attend the Zion’s Youth Concert.

Also, at the close of our Skype call, Max shared some great insights he’s had as he's been reflecting on his mission coming to a close. I went and replayed his call and transcribed part of it.

He said, "As I've come to end of my mission. I realize why I was sent to Vegas. And what I've come to learn on my mission is it's not where you go, it's who you meet. It's the people. You open that call and wherever it says you're going, it's not because of the culture there. It's not because of the climate. It's because there are specific souls, specific children of God in that place. They need you and you need them. I know there are certain people I needed to meet that influenced me: companions I've had, leaders I've had, members I've worked with, people I've helped come into the church. It's all been about the people. But the coolest thing about a mission, that I'll always hold more dear than anything, is the greatest person I ever met on my mission was the Savior.  I met Jesus Christ while I was on my mission. And I realize, Why was I sent to Las Vegas? Cuz apparently, the whole time, He's been in Sin City! ;) That will forever be my testimony. For me, the Savior was in Las Vegas and I had to go there to meet Him. I think that's why every missionary goes to where they go. Because they need to meet certain people, and they need to meet the Savior there. Because He's there. Waiting for them. I think before my mission, Jesus Christ was a concept. Like I knew about Him. I knew of Him. But he was really more of a concept than anything. But now because of the mission, He's a real person. He's an actual person in my life. And that's cool. That's why I came to Vegas."

No comments:

Post a Comment